- MTB |
- Downhill Biking |
- Downhill MTB |
- Off Road Biking |
Mountain biking is a great way to enjoy the UK’s countryside with limitless routes on an off-road bike.
Discover the best mountain bike trails to ride near you, whatever your level. Some routes offer families a fun way to experience the outdoors and the more thrilling descents and climbs reserved for more experience riders.
There are different types of mountain biking to suit all tastes and levels of experience:
- DH (downhill) trails – Fast and technically demanding downroute trails.
- XC trails – Cross-country trails that includes both climbs and descents.
- Easy trails – Enjoy an easy ride with family or friends.
…plus freeride, pump tracks, bike parks, dirt jumps and much more!
- Faster and more exciting than walking
- Enjoyable and accessible for all ages
- Weather dependent
- Steep hills can be hard work
- Can be expensive
Training & Qualifications
No certification is required. Professional instruction is recommended to speed up your progress.
All you need is a bike and take to the hills. A helmet and additional body protection is advisable.
Front or full-suspension bikes offer a more comfortable ride for advanced rides, although these substantially increase the cost.